Sunday 15 September 2019

The Flower Challenge #36 Reminder

Hi there, I am back with reminder cards for 'The Flower Challenge'. It's 'Anything Goes' this month and MFT are our sponsors with prizes for TWO of our winners this month. MFT also kindly offered our team stamps too.

Once I had made my card I saw these pretty flower stamps and the frame dies. Just had to have them of course and decided to make another extra card to share ;)

The talented Michele Ferguson is our Guest Designer (do check out her amazing blog if you haven't already), she has made another beautiful card for your inspiration again....do try and take part, you may even win a prize ;)

Visit our blog and see all the fabulous entries already there, so many cards for your inspiration! See my teamies cards there too as they are all so very talented ;)

Okay so here are my cards below, come and have a peek and of course enjoy your week whatever you have planned ;)


MFT, Flowers, Watercolouring
Smooth White card
Watercolour card
White foam card
MFT Beautiful Bloom stamp
MFT Die-namics dieThanks sentiment
TH Distress inks
Altenew Clear Embossing ink
Wow E/P Magenta Twinkle
N&T sequins

I first made my top fold card base then cut a topper from watercolour card. I stamped and embossed my large flower and then watercoloured it all. I used the same colours for the background adding splashes of water as I did it.

Then I cut my sentiment from the centre of the flower and a layer of white foam also. I glued my sentiment layers together and attached them to where I had first cut my sentiment. A sprinkling of sequins and my card was complete.

Wild Flowers card
MFT, Flower Silouettes
Smooth White card
Inspire Me vellum
Sentiment stamp from another MFT set
N&T Stencil Rice Paddies 
Versafine Onyx Black ink & Smokey Grey ink
Hero Arts Mint Julep ink
Little Things sequins
3d pads


I made my A6 card base as usual, then using my stencil I blended my ink onto my card base.
Then I stamped two of my flowers in the grey ink and then over the top used three more flowers and stamping in black. I cut my frame and stamped two more flowers in black on it over a spare bit of card.

I just wanted the edges of the flowers this time on the frame so discarded the rest. I matched up the frame to my previously stamped flowers on the card and used 3d pads to raise it up a little on the card.

The sentiment was stamped onto a spare piece of vellum and attached to my card cutting a fish tail edge for interest. A few matching sequins and my card was complete.




 We do hope you will take part, you have until the 25th September
to join in. See our rules also so you don't miss out on winning
prizes this time too! Here is our cue card below, please add it
when entering our challenge.
 
 

10 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Stunning artsy first card with the prettiest of colours. Love the colour combination and the black silhouette stamping on the second card and the stencilling looks so pretty. Striking cards, both of them x.

cotnob said...

Two stunning cards Viv, they are both beautiful but I love the first one - gorgeous colours.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Gerrina said...

Such different, but both so beautiful cards! Slight favorite is the 2nd; love that stencilled background! Hugs, Gerrina

cuilliesocks said...

Two very beautiful cards Viv, lovely images and colours, Kate x

Rosemary said...

really lovely set of cards, viv!

mamawcindy said...

Oh I love both your cards. Thank first one is stunning. Glad I stopped by. Happy day to you!

Karen Dunbrook said...

2 wow cards mf....the first one just looks incredible with all the movement the bkg gives and the second is such an inventive layout....so well done mf.
xx Karen

whoistracy said...

Beautiful cards! I really love the silhouette flowers on the second. Your background on the first is gorgeous with the distress inks. I admit, I haven't taken the plunge on those yet. But I'm very, very tempted!

Bobby said...

All that blue watercolor is beautiful, Viv. It took me a minute to see there was a die cut in the middle. I love all the dimension on the silhouette card. At first I though the black flowers had been die cut. You lined them up with the frame perfectly.

Greta said...

These are both beautiful, but the wildflowers card is my favorite! Lovely work!

Pinterest button

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...