Saturday 7 September 2019

Our new kitchen...at last!

Hi there friends, as promised I am back with the final pics of our kitchen  make over. (See older post for old kitchen pics). We have all the units in now, the floor is done and everything is back in the cupboards.

Halleluiah!....I can relax a bit now. Still catching up with blogging/commenting/card making so please forgive me.

You may just spot a door knob in the wrong place on one of the cupboards. I didn't at first but when I did it drove me mad as I couldn't 'unsee' it lol. So having that cupboard replaced soon. Annoyed the  kitchen designer didn't spot it and I am having to pay for it as I approved the initial pics but hey ho!

The microwave was supposed to go on the long shelf (where the radio is), but it was too large...so it is now inside the cupboard above the oven. I decided on a new main kitchen door (and another one for our lounge off the hall at the last minute too). So glad I did as it looked so much better and I even got matching brushed steel doorknobs to match the kitchen ones too....result.

I added some 'pink' retro accessories too....he he for those who know me that wont be such a big surprise! Ok come and have a look and see what you think ;)....oh and see if you can spot the offending door knob too ;)










  
 
 
 
 
 
Love the large drawers, on the left is my integrated fridge/ freezer.
My OH made me the spice/herb shelf, he painted it white to match.

 With the under cupboard lights working...see pic below.
I got them on the other side too and also inside the glass cupboard.
 
The walls are painted grey (Woodsmoke), the floor is LVT in a greyish brown colour (Kendal Oak)
to match the walls and to tone in with the dark wooden floors we have in most of the house.

The worktops look kind of industrial called (Concrete)...laminate ones.
So easy to clean, I love them. The sink (composite) is grey and has a sort of sparkle/glisten
to it.
 
 Main door
 
 
 Worktop

13 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Looks fantastic!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Viv, this is fabulous, love your pink finishing touches and after having a VERY close look I found the door knob, I would be the same I'm afraid. You must be so chuffed with it all. Looks like your bottom end of the kitchen is our full kitchen, would love to have that extra space. Love your hall door. Enjoy your kitchen and cooking in it.
Faith x

cuilliesocks said...

So envious Viv, a fabulous kitchen and I love the pink accessories too. Looks so fresh too, enjoy it, Kate x

sandybb said...

Beautiful! It's driving me crazy, but is it the knob on the lazy susan cabinet?

Cathy said...

Wonderful kitchen Viv, I've got mine in planning stages, that's been for a few years now lol! Love your finishes and I saw the knob! Cathy x

Darnell said...

Never mind the knob, the entire room is splendid in every way, Vee! Well done with the designing and I love the pink accessories! Thank you for sharing!! Hugs, Dee

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh Viv, it all looks amazing and I bet you are thrilled to bits with it! Had to chuckle about the knob - we'd all be the same! Glad you're getting it done as you'll be able to really enjoy being in there then and life's to short to niggle about a stray knob! The pink kettle, toaster etc are wonderful splashes of colour and the painting too. It's all fab and for two pins I'd be in there with you rustling up a batch of fairy cakes! xx

sandy's crafty bits said...

oh my goodness … well that was certainly worth waiting for wasn't it ?? … just love your new kitchen and love the addition of the pink accessories … I must admit it took a lot of searching for me to find the rogue knob but I think I found it … enjoy … happy crafting and love sandy xx

Greta said...

How beautiful! Bet you just want to stay in the kitchen all day!

cotnob said...

Wow! Your kitchen is fabulous Viv, a wonderful space and I love the floor and worktop.
I'm just playing catch up, I have been on holiday for a week and have also been having a good sort out in my Craft Room.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Gerrina said...

Wow, so great to see all of this looking so beautiful! And how great to have so much countertop space (think you can never have enough of that). Enjoy all the new and have fun cooking and baking in it! Hugs, Gerrina

Mitzi said...

Your kitchen is absolutely amazing! It made me drool. Now you'll probably want to craft in there too.

Karen Dunbrook said...

Your kitchen looks wonderful Viv...love the white cupboards and the floor. I bet your are so glad to have that behind you!!
xx Karen

Pinterest button

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...