Saturday 28 July 2012

Green and blue butterfly card


It's week 78 over at 'Less is More' & this time
it's a sketch and ........
SKETCH
 
I tried some distress inking again, I just love how
the ink flows and makes these magical shapes.
I think Chrissie is the master of this technique &
has inspired me many times.Not that I am leaving 
Mandi out too as she has inspired me also !........
and the lovely LIMettes........well all of you really.
Rambling again......oh dear. Strip of inkiness, die cut
butterfly, fancy bit was the remains of a die ( good 
idea I thought ). PP sentiment and a touch of the
 old glamour dust again, job done. Won't mention
 how I ended up with bright blue and yellow fingers
 just before I was due to go out. Also I ruined the
 original piece of card inking the  edges of the die cut
piece. I splattered the white base card  all over arghhhh.
Ooops too late I already mentioned it !!!!
 Welcome to my latest followers btw., welcome aboard. 
Check out this new challenge blog PINK lovers
 everywhere too....starting soon !
Inthepinkchallenge
 
 
ps. Had a great day today, swimming with my grandson
 Alex for the first time.We hired a pool all to ourselves
 and it was so warm and clean, will be doing that again.
 DDIL dunked Alex under the water too and he didn't 
seem to mind at all.I looked on terrified though lol.

Easier to see behind the butterfly here, don't like pics front on though. 
Card Recipe
Card   Linen white
Butterfly   Cuttlebug die and embossing
Edge die    ( Used remains of it after cutting) Memory Box Honeysuckle vine
Inks   TH Distress inks, Salty ocean & Mustard seed
Sentiment   Pink petticoat
Glamour dust
Challenges   'Less is More'  #78 Sketch
The Secretcraftersaturdaychallenge #196  Bright and Cheerful
CAS-ual Fridays   Lime Aqua and Navy

37 comments:

Gibmiss said...

Hi Viv
Fabulous card ... Love the butterfly.... I am still thinking what to do.....
I do struggle with these LIM. Cards....
Hugs sylvie xxxx

Zoe Tant said...

Wow what a stunning design. Love the butterfly. Sounds like a very good day with the swimming and stuff. Zx

Chrissie said...

Fab colours Viv... and thanks so much for your compliments!
Lovely card.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

sandy's crafty bits said...

wow super little card viv ... love the colours and love the flutterby ... glad you enjoyed your swim session with your little grandson ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

Loli said...

Hola Viv, what great colouring!!and a clever idea your pop upbutterfly and so original your boreder, great idea!!!
Muy buen trabajo.
Have a nice week.

Doreen said...

Love this...great design and colours.xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

You've done it again, a wonderful card and great recycling

Sue said...

WOW! Stunning card Viv. I love the colours and the butterfly. Such a great idea using the off cut of the honeysuckle vine to make a border - looks so effective.
Hugs Sue

Caroline said...

Stunning Viv love the colours on the butterfly and the layout is fabulous. Caroline xxx

Viv said...

So pretty Viv. x

Jan said...

Fab card Viv xx Jan

Canonbury creations said...

Fab inky background Viv and a very creative use of the waste! How nice to have the pool to yourself with Alex:) I went with Charlie this morning but only too watch from the side:)
Val x

Zoechaos said...

Wonderful border love the colours the butterfly everything XOXO Zoe

Kathy said...

simply beautiful!

Rosemary said...

another absolutely stunning card, viv!! love the inking and that really creative border!

Glenda Atkins said...

Stunning Viv, you work such magic into your cards, what a craftswoman you are!
hugs
glenda

Marijke said...

just gorgeous

Jackie said...

Wonderful card Viv, such beautiful colours. I love the way you have cut the flutterby out from the border :o)
Jackie xx

Kathyk said...

Simply glorious and such pretty colours too

Kathyk

downrightcrafty said...

what a gorgeous card, thank you so much for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
Hugs Kate xx
ps I have candy if you are interested and have not already joined me for my celebrations :)

Sasha said...

Lovely inking, Viv...and your butterfly looks beautiful x

Angie Tieman said...

Oooooh, how lovely! Such a cool technique! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Mandi said...

This is just gorgeous Viv
I love how you have liftd the butterfly with the masked area underneath
Superb!
I totally agree about Chrissie, you didn't have to mention me, I'm SO the poor relation of our team!
Thanks as always Viv
mandi
"Less is More"

Viv said...

Thanks Mandi.....what are you like, you make fabulous cards too !!!!! Viv xx

Virginia L. said...

Truly dreamy and lovely! I love the balance of the white space and colors! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Christine L said...

Hi Viv.... Oooh this is gorgeous... love how the butterfly's wings are free...

And Thank You for the mention of our brand new challenge.... Can't wait to get the Pink Ladies into action!

Hugs
Christine x

Deanna said...

Viv, This is Gorgeous! I love the watercolor effect from the DI and that butterfly is awesome. Beautiful Beautiful Art!

Vicky Hayes said...

What a gorgeous background Viv and I love your cut out butterfly! Love the idea of hiring a pool to yourselves - sounds like you had fun with little Alex! Vicky x

Anonymous said...

Great card, love the way you have displayed it for the photo.

Lynne said...

Gorgeous Viv, just love those colours.
Lynne xxx

G Peplow said...

Hi Viv, OOOhh Nooo I just saw your card has the same idea as mine, I'm so sorry I hadn't seen your post, we did exactly the same thing, using die cut waste under the panel!!! Well I can only say you have made a brilliant card with a fabulous idea and great minds obviously think alike, clever you!!! Hugs Gay xxx

Mynn xx said...

Absolutely amazing and gorgeous! LOVE the coloring and the way you've done your butterfly! :)

Beccy said...

This is just beautiful Viv, I love the coloured paper! And what a great idea to use the offcuts for a border... very clever.
Cheers,
Beccy

Dotty Jo said...

What a stunning card - love the colours, butterfly etc etc! Gorgeous work Viv, Jo x

GinaA said...

You have created a stunning card, your interpretation of the border is outstanding, while the colouring is super.

Anne said...

Fab take on the sketch, love those vibrant summer shades!

Dana said...

Utterly gorgeous and artistic. I'm in awe. Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays:)

Pinterest button

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...