Thursday 7 March 2019

Libra card and a digital painting.

Hi there, I am back with another quick card for the 'Less is More' challenge again. It's 'Horoscopes' as a theme this time. I made two digital cards already but wanted to try another one using watercolour this time. Also I have a little story to share...(sorry for the long post) but just skip that bit and see my card if you like ;)

I don't have any horoscope stamps so I decided to do a bit of hand drawing. I used my quickie glue pen to draw a Libra star sign then I quickly embossed it in white. I did the sentiment the same way and added matching ink around it. A bit of water colouring, flicking of paint and a few added stars and my card was complete ;) 

Wow it's Thursday already, the week is going so quickly!
 
(Skip this bit if you just want to see my card)
 
 
ps. I just wanted to share something I bought  and something I designed  to go with it recently. I have been in love with this Bluebellgray bedding for over a year now! I often just gaze at it...well it does have flowers...and you know me!
 
Anyway to cut a long story short I noticed it was in a sale...I never see it in a sale!! (not much off but it helped).
 
I bought the duvet cover and three pillowslips...gulps at price! (we have a superking size bed too so that didn't help with the cost lol). I really wanted a large matching picture for our room but couldn't find any (it would be far too expensive even if I did to be honest! ). So I devised a cunning plan ;)

I got an artist to paint me some similar matching watercolour flowers then digitize them. I then designed myself a picture using the digital flowers and had it printed onto a large canvas. I designed several and showed them all to my OH for his approval first. I even added a little bird with a small bud in it's mouth and another one trying to not look impressed lol.

I also had two matching silky cushions printed with the same design. I was so happy when they all arrived and I added them to our bedroom. It's like lying in a flower garden now he he!...hmm now if only I could have curtains printed to match too. Pic below my card if you are nosey!



Smooth White card
Quickie glue pen
Wow White E/P
TH Distress inks
Star gems
  

  
 



My bedding, picture and cushions.


 
 

9 comments:

Viv said...

The pic looks wonderful - a perfect compliment to the pretty bedding! Know what you mean about SuperKing size... I like matching throws/bedspreads and invariably need a second mortgage when I have to buy new bed sets!
Great card too Viv. xx

Lynne said...

Wow Viv, that looks fantastic. Love the bedding and the picture is perfect. You are a clever clogs X

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Viv, such a good idea.
Your bedding, picture and cushions are gorgeous, another brilliant idea.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Darnell said...

What a terrific design you created for LIM with this card, Vee! But you do know that your gorgeous bedding and the print above your bed stole the show today! I can see why you were lusting after the set for over a year and I'm delighted for you that it's now in your bedroom! You must just lay there and languish in the mornings, especially on sunny mornings with the light is on those flowers!! Hugs, Dee

Gerrina said...

A great card! Love how you made the sign! And great colours too!
What a super idea to make the canvas and pillows like that; looks so good! (And beautiful colours; can see why you fell in love with them!) Hugs, Gerrina

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Gosh, Vivien!! Love your gorgeous Libra Constellation, the watercolor wash is the perfect background!!! I wish I could see you creating these amazing color washes.
And your bedspread is gorgeous too, so colorful and plush.
Getting out of bed must be hard, trying to crawl from under all that beauty, LOL!!
Sending hugs.
Maria.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a SUPER idea and result on your card, it's beautiful.

As for your bedding and picture WOW WOW WOW, what a lovely bed to wake up to. AND great idea to get it done and the cushions too. FABULOUS
Faith
x

Mac Mable said...

What a contrast of the CAS very creative and clever card and the amazing and colourful bedding. I can see why you wanted the set and how clever to to do the painting and cushions to match ...it looks stunning x

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful card for the Horoscope challenge. Love the watercolor backdrop to your constellation.

Pinterest button

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...