Tuesday 10 October 2017

Autumn card

Hi there friends, just popping in with my usual
card for this week's 'Less is More' challenge.
 
It's a colour theme this time and 'Hot & Spicy' 
This is what I came up with after a bit of 'faffing'
about.
 
My card is later than usual as it's been a very
 challenging week to say the least for our family.
Also we had our grandchildren to stay also.
 
I will leave you the recipe for my OH's honey
ice-cream below too. Hope you love it as much
as we do ;)
 
Enjoy your week whatever you have planned!
 
 
LIM, Spicy, CAS
 
White Linen card
Bristol Board white card
TH Distress inks
My Favorite Things Sentiment Label Strip
Lawn Fawn leaves dies
Waffle Flower sentiment dies
TH Distress spray stain Tarnished Brass 
 
 I edged the leaves with the brass stain
 
 
 
Just love this shaped die!
 
 
Honey Ice-Cream 
 
 
Recipe
(not sure where we saw original recipe, sorry)
 
Equal amounts of fresh custard & double cream
(We use the normal carton size of custard from either
 Tesco or Waitrose).
1-2 tea spoons Vanilla extract (to taste)
4 table spoons runny honey
 
Mix all together then chill in fridge for 30 mins.
Then put it in ice-cream machine to churn for
 20-30 mins. Freeze.
 
We just take a portion and add some crunchie bar
 crumbled up. It's so yummy, I guess it could be adapted
by adding melted chocolate and raspberries too?
 
My OH makes several different types, not sure of 
recipe for those but this is our favourite so far.
Enjoy ;)

15 comments:

maria f. said...

Oh goodness! I was not prepared for that yummy dessert after your beautiful card. Got my mouth watering now! Your leaves are gorgeous and I love the way you used that band colored in the same manner to house your white sentiment. Wonderfully artsy and CAS.

Henry said...

I really like your Autumn card. Very nice layouts and gorgeous colors!!! Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe:)Henry

cotnob said...

This is beautiful Viv, gorgeous colours - a fabulous card.
Thank you for the ice cream recipe, I will have to give it a go.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Trina P. said...

Such beautiful vivid hot and spicy colours, Viv. Love the design and brass outlining of the leaves. And yummy to your ice-cream - my favourite dessert. Thank you for joining us this week at Less is More. Trina xx

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What a lovely fall card! It is a beauty! Yummy dessert, too!

Pam said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors on the leaves and the die cut for the sentiment. The brass around the edges is gorgeous.

Mac Mable said...

Great idea to use the stain on the edges. Gorgeous card and thank you for sharing the yummy recipe x

Cara said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing the honey ice cream recipe, will have to try it. Sending hugs x

Susan said...

Simply beautiful. Your spicy colors just pop off the background! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Michelle W said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for the yummy recipe too.

Viv said...

Thanks Henry,...can't see a blog or email to reply to sadly ;(

Skye said...

A beautiful Autumn card. Love the colours and design. Will certainly be trying the yummy recipe over the weekend.

Mia said...

I love your pretty autumn card, Viv. Thank you for the recipe. The ice-cream looks delicious! Kisses, my friend.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

GORGEOUS, love the autumnal colours, such an elegant and happy card. Your recipe sounds and looks scrumptious.
Faith
x
Sorry having to catch up and being awol.

Gerrina said...

Catching up after the mini break... Perfect colours for the spicy challenge; I do love the autumncolours... It is a pitty I don't eat icecream; sounds delicious! Hugs, Gerrina

Pinterest button

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...