Saturday 17 September 2016

Diamonds card

Hi friends, yes it's Saturday again and of course
I have another card to share with you today!
Back to two of my favourite colours again
 blue and purple....and a touch of silver
 this time too ;)
 
It's been 30c for the last few days here, I even 
saw 31c at one stage! Cooler and rain today but
 easier to sleep at night I hope now.
 
 I mention this  as I tried a spot of watercolouring
 and it all went  horribly wrong much to my horror.
My OH said it was probably the heat and the card/inks
reacting badly........hmmm I was still worried 
friends!!!! Panic station time even!!!

Anyway much to my relief I tried it again today
as it's cooler......much cooler and YES all was back 
to normal again. Can't say how relieved I was as
I do LOVE to watercolour !


Now I am wondering how all my crafty friends 
manage if they live in hotter climes.........any
 answers ? maybe you all have air conditioning 
though?


Right....... sorry enough of my rambling again,
come and have a quick peek at my card.
Enjoy your week whatever you have planned ;)


ps. My OH's fairy house is almost complete,
I am SOOOO excited, photo soon ;)
Also our son is due to move house next week
and it's all going slow down the chain...it may
 not happen now ;(
 
 
 
 
 
LIM, SSS, Diamonds, Thanks
 








Supplies
 
White Linen card
Watercolour card
Lilac pearlised card
Silver card
Darice Embossing folder
TH Distress inks
Paper Smooches sentiment die
Sequins from stash


Challenges

Less is More  Theme  'Diamonds'
Simon Says Stamp   'Clean & Simple'
 
 


16 comments:

Esther said...

Absolutely stunning, Viv! This was a great way to incorporate diamonds, so delicate and pretty. Loving your new blog header too :) Hope all goes okay with your son's house plans and it doesn't fall through x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Always STUNNING when I visit, even your header is stunning.
Faith
x

sandy's crafty bits said...

wow super little card Viv well done ... I have not tried watercoloring yet so cant help you with the "heat" questiong but wow it has been hot ... looking forward to seeing the fairy house ... os sorry to hear your son is having "moving problems" ... we are actually in the same boat at the moment with trying to sell Aunties ... we just seem to be constantly chasing solicitor and estate agents it is a very stressful time ... hope you are having a great weekend ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

Viv said...

Thanks Faith......that header took me a LONG time to make, had to buy the font (gulp) and then mess about adding all sorts of bits to it!

Gibmiss said...

Hi Viv
Fabulous card... Love the colours ...
Hugs Sylviexx

Christine L said...

It's very pretty Viv (Debs! LOL!) - and I'm very glad your water colours are behaving again!

Christine x

Bea said...

Lovely card - love the colours :)

Sarah G said...

These cool colours watercoloured with the diamonds create a beautiful effect, Viv! Glad to hear that you are enjoying the cooler weather. Great to see you at Less is More :)

Kate said...

This is beautiful! I love the look of the watercolour on the embossed panel. Gorgeous!

Even though I'm in Canada, our summers are very hot and humid so we have air conditioning. I didn't realize that heat and humidity would affect watercolours!

All the best with your son's move!

Rosemary said...

gorgeous card, viv... perfect take on the LIM challenge!! your weather sounds like my weather... hot and humid then a bit cooler and rainy!!

Kathyk said...

What a perfect combination for this challenge, the embossed diamonds and watercolouring - inspired!

Kathyk

Gerrina said...

Love the way you used the watercolour on the diamont shapes!Looks CAS, grungy and so modern! Hope you have a good week with maybe some sun every day!

Craft-E-Place said...

Fabulous card. Your skill at water colouring is just inspiring!
Elaine

debby4000 said...

What a clever CAS card love how you've embossed and used watercolouring they work togethere brilliantly.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Lesley said...

Beautiful CAS card gorgeous colours - Lesley 😊

Aileen said...

So pretty, love the purple and silver, wonderful.

Pinterest button

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...