Saturday 2 July 2016

Sepia and White Poppies

Hi friends, wow it's July already ....time
flies by so quickly these days ! Just back
from a quick holiday to Somerset, Devon 
and Dorset. More about that below.



As it's Saturday yet again I have my usual 
'Less is More' card to share with you. It's
 a colour theme this time and.....
 
 
'Colours Of Your Kitchen'


Ours has Spanish sweet chestnut wooden
 units, white walls and cream linen roman 
blinds (made by me).
The work surfaces are grey/white flecked
 and the floor is cream rough textured 
with grey grout.


We really need a new kitchen but as we 
intend to move house soon it's just not
 happening! It's very large and square
 which  I love and plenty of units so.....
 
 
 Anyway come and have a look at my
card. I went with a simple brown and
 white combo with lots of texture ;)
I spattered a bit of gold ink and did
 some  random ink swiping for a bit
 of contrast.


Enjoy your weekend whatever you 
have planned. I am recovering from
all the walking I did while away ;)



ps. We went fossil hunting, visiting lovely
 castles and gardens. We found the most
beautiful pub too with amazing food.
 Such a relaxing little break !
 
 
Sorry I am late commenting this week,
we only got back home last night. I
will be visiting you all very soon I
 promise ;)





Sepia, poppies, hessian, LIM, CAS







Sooth white card
Brown hessian
Penny Black Field of Dreams die
TH Distressed spray ink Tarnished brass



19 comments:

Esther said...

Oh, Viv. This is just perfect. I love the texture from the hessian, and the super stylish effect on the blooms. Gorgeous! Also very envious of your holiday and fossil hunting etc, and think you should invite me on the next one lol x

Linby said...

The die looks perfect with those splashes and the hessian backing just finishes the look.

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Just stunning Viv! I've only been back a week myself! Welcome back my friend! have a wonderful weekend! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Jo said...

Wow, a real CAS card, love it!

Maja said...

Beautiful CAS card.

Back Porch Stamper said...

Reminds me of my kitchen! Love the burlap accent!
TFS

Rosemary said...

gorgeous card... love the burlap!

Gibmiss said...

Hi Viv
Fabulous card... Love the hessian ... And the flowers...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Kate said...

Such a lovely card! I love the design with the layered burlap behind the white silhouettes!

So glad you had a nice little break!

Kathyk said...

Super make, beautifully textured too

Kathyk

Kim Heggins said...

Stunning...beautiful and so elegant!

Gerrina said...

What a great idea to use fabric; it liiks so warm and is a perfect background for the flowers! Glad the break was a good one! Have a good week aswell! Hugs, Gerrina

Jan said...

Great Lim card Viv xx Jan

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LURVE the texture on this Viv, such beautiful colours.
Faith
x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Terrific texture on your card Viv and the neutral colours are just gorgeous! How do you manage to make splatters look so classy??? Outstanding card. I could do with your help when my kitchen is finished because I will need to make the blinds - not done that for years.
Anyway, thank you so much for your beautiful entry this week.
Sharon xx
Less is More

Sid said...

Great card Viv !! Love the hessian !

Zoechaos said...

Old school CAS perfectly executed, gotta love it.

Chrissie said...

Your card is gorgeous Viv, I want to get out some hessioan now, it looks SO attractive!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

lililindsay said...

Such an eye catching design. Love it.

Pinterest button

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...