Sunday 4 June 2023

The Flower Challenge #81 Use Your Favourite Flower

Hi there crafty friends, I hope all is well in your world! We just spent a lovely relaxing week away in the Lake District with family. Lots of walking and laughing and glad to say good weather also.

It was recently my BIL's 80th birthday and so we surprised him with a 'This is Your Life' tribute. (Several bottles of his favourite red wine in a wooden holder made by my OH for a birthday treat also.) I digitally altered some photo's of him making him a WW2 pilot, an 18th century alchemist and a spy ...lots of others too in his supposed 'other life'. My OH wrote a funny story about each of the photos and I did the photo altering.

Pleased to say it went down very well with everyone (there were 8 of us and 10 next day), we were told to repeat it all next evening after dinner as his son and girlfriend were with us then also. Very relieved it went down very well and we were asked who was the next 'victim' !
It was so much work though I won't be doing it again...alas I daren't tell them that ;)

Anyway sorry about the waffling... I am now back to share another card for The Flower Challenge again. Our theme for June is 'Use Your Favourite Flower', such an easy one I think.

Our talented Guest Designer this month is a crafty friend of mine Christine L from cardsbychristine, check out her amazing card in our gallery!

I am using my new favourite flower which is an Altenew one, (it was also one of my mother's favourite flowers too and we planted a tree in her memory in our garden) all card details below.

Come and see my card and enjoy your week whatever you have planned ;)






Watercolour card
Altenew water colours
Altenew Magnolia Ballerina stamps and sentiment
Wow silver embossing powder
Pink Fresh Studio silver metallic pearls





You have until the 25th June to enter, 
please add our cue card below when entering.
We are back on the 15th June with a Reminder card.




4 comments:

Kate said...

It's beautiful Viv! Hugs, Kate!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Your party sounds wonderful, Viv, or should I say parties. Can't fault you not wanting to do them again in a hurry. Your card is so beautiful, and carries a lovely memory for you too. Love it.
Faith x

Bobby said...

Sounds like you are very talented with digital images, Viv. That must have been so much fun sharing with family and friends.
I have always love that Magnolia Ballerina and your card is beautiful.

TaeEun said...

Your birthday gift sounds genius ! So glad to hear that you had a lovely vacation with family! Your magnolia card is beautiful, Vivien!

Pinterest button

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...