Monday 6 February 2012

Name plaque



I made a little name plaque for my new
grandson Charlie so thought I would
share a photo of it. I saw the idea on
Pinterest ( sorry didn't save who it was
 now but thankyou!). I got my talented
OH to make the wooden plaque and
the little frames, having given him sizes
I needed etc.Then I painted them and
used  crackle glaze to give them an
aged look. I printed the letters from
a handy link (again found on Pinterest).
Didn't save it either as I have changed
computers back and forth lately,as my
son  kept having to wipe my hard drive
so annoying !!!!!!!I saved most stuff but
some dissappeared of course :O(
Sorry back to the plaque.....I printed
the letters choosing grungy type fonts.
That bit took ages to get sizing right too!
I didn't have any glass to fit the frames
so just cut some acetate to fit over the
letters. Hope that keeps them clean, I
made it a tight fit too so no need to glue
etc.All this took ages as you can imagine,
but he is worth it of course. Now I have
to make another for my next grandson,
when he decides to arrive ! Glad I saved
the letters I will need...... and he has a
longer name too ( if they decide to go
with that one)......oh my !!! Anyway
hope you like it .







8 comments:

Sasha said...

Lovey work, Viv. Happy baby times ahead for you. I think I will be past it.....if ever I do have any grand babies lol!

Viv said...

Great job Viv! x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Oh! how lovely and what a treasure it will be.

Crafty Loops said...

Wow Viv, Charlie is a lucky boy to have not only a very talented Gran, but a talented Grandad too. This is such a lovely idea. Lee xx

Canonbury creations said...

Wow this is fabulous Viv I love all the different letters and what a wonderful keepsake for Charlie!
Val x

Chris said...

FABULOUS Viv and well done Colin I love it. Chris xx

Jackie said...

It's brilliant Viv, very clever :o)
Jackie xx

Vicky said...

Beautiful keepsake Viv - brilliant! :)x

Pinterest button

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...