Saturday 14 November 2020

The Flower Challenge #50 Reminder

Hi there friends, I am back once again with my reminder card for 'The Flower Challenge'. This month it's  'Use a Sentiment', such an easy one!

I made two cards again, for the first card I used a stencil again Altenew 'Feathery stencil'. I used some Distress inks on my stencil, then stamped my flower image (Hollyhocks?...sorry no name on it) in black.

Next I used the same Distress inks to gently colour my flowers and leaves. I added my sentiment (from same stamp set) and also a few clear raindrops.

For my second card I used this lovely 'Paint a Flower' Iris stamp by Altenew...as soon as I saw it I just HAD to buy it!....well you just do don't you lol.

I used a stencil (can't find which one now) it looks like crazy paving though. Then I water coloured with DI's for my background. Next I stamped my flowers and water coloured those also. I stamped my sentiment from the same set, first doing the same background again.

The edges were all cut using some Gemini dies 'Torn Edge Rectangles', a sprinkling of sequins and it was finished ;) It looks a little washed out here, the background was a bit darker.

Thanks again for the visit, and do come again soon ;)












Please use this cue card below when entering our challenge,
you have until the 25th November.






7 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Such a beautiful card Viv, it's a gorgeous image and such lovely watercolouring, Kate x

TaeEun said...

Love the tone on tone look of your cards, Vivien! Beautifully colored flowers on both!

Mac Mable said...

Such beautiful and tonal cards love the flowers and the way you used the stencils x.

Rosemary said...

beautiful cards, viv! your talent with digital images never ceases to amaze me!

Loll said...

Two gorgeous cards Viv! I LOVE both the stenciled backgrounds which really make the images pop. I can see that you love blue! :) xx

Bobby said...

I love how the stencil shows through the petals on your first card, Viv. It's a very artsy look.

Ericka Strange said...

Love your two cards Viv and the backgrounds on both of them are so cool! the watercoloring is beautiful!

Pinterest button

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...