Saturday 1 April 2017

Pastel cards and a church

Good afternoon friends, I hope all is well with you.
Blue skies and sun here today, a lovely Spring day!
 
 
I am here to show you my latest cards for this 
week's 'Less is More' challenge which is a Colour 
one and they want us to use 3 pastel colours.
 
 
My mojo seems to have gone walkabout alas! I
tried several times to make a card and it just wasn't 
working. I made the bunny card first, not happy
 with it still.
 
 
 I removed one of it's eyes as it just looked so odd
....it was below the first one! It was quite painless
though and the bunny didn't suffer at all ;)


Then I made a baby one, sooo love this image
too. Not happy with this one either lol. I may
be back with another soon if I can find my mojo.
Let me know if you spot it anywhere please!


Also I am posting pics of my OH's latest model,
a church this time...my request ;) It has taken him
a long time to make so I don't think he will want
me suggesting more ideas for a while he he. 


He managed to head butt our metal chimney 
yesterday too (don't ask) so he has a large cut on
 his head. He never tells me at the time (doesn't
 want to worry me) so I  was surprised to see the
 state of him.
 
 
 Not that bad though so no stitches this time
....(thinks of falling off the ladder incident
 recently and his badly cut leg!!!).


Anyway I hope you like the church , I helped
 with the windows and the 4 clock faces ;)


Two smaller model cottages to come next btw.
Enough of me rambling again, come and have a 
look at my pics. Enjoy your weekend too whatever
you have planned. We are having our two young
grandchildren to stay next week....wish us luck ;)




White Linen card
Water colour card
Lili of the Valley rubber stamp
Die-namics Wonky stitched edge die
Clear Embossing ink and powder
TH Distress inks
 
 



White Linen card
Water colour card
Lili of the Valley rubber stamp
WPlus9 Scalloped Edge die 
Versafine Vintage Sepia ink
H Distress inks
Glamour dust













Model church

Sorry for the shadows in the photo!     It 26" high x 20" wide.


Back


Side
 
I just adore the tiles, all hand cut and painted each one.
 So realistic, I kept looking at them in a big bowl as he made them ;)




15 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful Beautiful cards Viv, love the white outline of the bunny. The church looks like the one in the village I was brought up, it really is fabulous work by Hubby, hope his head is better and he didn't have any aches and pains later.
Faith
x

Ankie vd Polder said...

I love your LIM cards. So delicate.... Have a nice weekend, Ankie

cotnob said...

Your cards are pretty Viv, such a sweet rabbit and lovely baby.
Wow! Your husband's church is stunning, he must have so much patience.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jeanne H said...

The baby one and the church are especially wonderful! Kudos to you both.

Anonymous said...

It doesn't look like your mojo has gone at all....I love both your cards with their soft water colouring and the church is incredible!

Esther said...

These are such beautiful cards, Viv! Loving the soft watercolouring. The LOTV baby is so cute! Your OH really has endless talent... the church is stunning (and the windows and clock faces are obviously the absolute best bits ;) ). Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More :)

Kate said...

Your cards are darling! The soft colours are just perfect!

And that church!! WOW!!!! It's simply incredible!! Please let your other half (I had to Google OH as I had no idea!) know that he's got an admirer in Canada!!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Wonderful dreamy and subtle watercolouring Viv - you've brought out those pastel shades perfectly on both cards and a perfectly seasonal example for the first one too. Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More this week.

Canonbury creations said...

Love the white outline round the bunny Viv, beautifully coloured and so cute! The baby card is so pretty too! I'm lost for words re the church, the detail is amazing and the stained glass windows just pop!
Val x

Christine L said...

Your cards are both gorgeous Viv... I think you maybe got too close to see that! And the church....... well WOW!!! Of course, the stained glass windows are the perfect finishing touch!

Christine x

Izzy Scrap said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards Viv ! I love the light watercolouring you gave to them, it makes the cards even softer ! This little bunny is so cute and the baby so adorable ! Love the frame you use for each of them !
And this church, what a wonder ! You're wonderful artists both of you !
Thanks for sharing and for inspiring.

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Your cards are wonderful Viv. I did giggle at your comment about the bunny's eye and I admit I had visions of a Picasso-type card in my mind before i saw the photo. It is super - so soft and delicate. I adore the shades of pastel you used on the second card and it is a beautiful image too. Adorable! The church your hubby made is incredible - what a talented pair you two are!! Thanks so much for sharing these with us at Less is More xx

Skye said...

Beautiful cards. The bunny is quite dreamy. The baby card is so sweet and I like the border.
Your husband church i quite remarkable. So much fine work.

Gerrina said...

Love that bunny card! The waterolour makes it so sweet and soft! Can;t see a place where the 2nd eye had to be, so good thing you removed it!
The 2nd card is more vintage and still with the fresh colours beautiful too! Hope your week with the grandchildren is working out fine! Hugs, Gerrina

Viv said...

Thanks Izzy, can't see a blog to reply to so hope you see this ;) xx

Pinterest button

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...