Sunday 3 January 2021

RVD Freebie Calendar Cards

Hi there crafty friends, I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and may I wish you all a very Happy New Year also! I am pleased to say we had a lovely time too, smaller and quieter... but we did get to see some of our grandchildren at least.

I am popping by today to share some Calendar cards I designed recently. I used some of the digi's from RachelVassDesigns, one newer one and two older designs. See Rachel's Etsy shop to buy anything, link HERE.

I thought the toppers might make a nice freebie for everyone so we are giving  all THREE of them away as a FREEBIE with anything you buy from Rachel's January release.

I have made three for the first months of the year so far, they are ready to print and I made them into slimline toppers too. So all you need to do is to make a slimline card base, add the topper (and maybe the stitched card bit I used  for strength) then the linky bit which goes in between and you are good to go.

I will leave pics and measurements of how I made them below. Thanks for the visit and I will see you with more cards very soon ;)


















Here is a quick tutorial of how I made them. I used a few layers to make it more solid.


First I cut a piece of card using the stitched rectangle by Lawn Fawn which was 21 1/2 cm x 9 cm. You could just cut a piece of card that size though.


  Next I printed my topper I designed & added some 3d pads to the back of it. I cut it to 20 1/2 cm x 8 cm.


Then I added it to the stitched card part I cut at first and set it aside.



Next I cut a card base at 21 cm x 17cm and folded it in the middle at 8 1/2 cm.
Here is the side view.


I attached my topper piece to my card base. It should now look like this, almost finished.

I added a piece of card to go in between the bottom part to help it stand up well. I cut it at 21cm x 8 cm.
Then I folded it in the middle at 4 cm, I then creased it either side at 1 cm. I used some double sided tape to attach it to my card base.


Now your  card should look like this. I added a few pearls coloured to match the yellow on the card.



Front view


Side view


All finished!

Finished Calendar card, I hope you like it and will think of purchasing something from Rachel from her new January release and get the freebie toppers I made and make your own calendar cards too.....enjoy ;)


3 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Happy New Year to you Viv, your calendar cards are beautifully created with the gorgeous floral images, lovely colours and designs too, thank you for the tutorial, Kate x

Viv said...

Fab Viv! Happy New Year! x

Mac Mable said...

Thank you for the step by steps and what a creative and pretty idea x. Sending New Year hugs your way Viv x.

Pinterest button

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...