Friday 15 February 2019

The Flower Challenge #29 Reminder

Hi there friends, I am back with yet another reminder card for 'The Flower Challenge'. Our theme is 'Use your latest Stamps or Dies' this month. It's now February, the year is going so quickly already too.

Believe it or not I am getting ahead and writing this back in November lol. Just wondering what the weather will be like now...will it be snowing yet? I will update this just before I post it anyway. Update...only a brief sprinkling of snow one day and it didn't last long. Can't wait for Spring now ;)

I have had my eye on this gorgeous stamp for ages now but finally succumbed to buying it just before Xmas. It isn't easy at all to watercolour direct to card with this stamp (at least I struggled anyway), but I do still love it.

This was my first attempt at colouring it and I wasn't sure I liked it or not. So I made another one ( see below my first one) and coloured it more lightly this time. In the end I had to ask Aileen which she liked best as I just couldn't decide.

Ok come and see my cards and you decide which you like the best....I am still undecided! Btw. the card is a larger sized A5 card, not my usual size at all but the large stamp meant it had to be that size I think to look right.

1st card










Smooth White card
Watercolour card
Penny Black Flower Lantern stamp
TH Distress inks
Penny Black Happy Wishes sentiment stamp
Versafine Onyx Black ink














I made my A5 card base (slightly narrower than usual) , then I added a watercolour card top piece.
I stamped my flower image direct to card using my watercolours and painted more detail with my watercolouring.
Then I stamped my sentiment and my card was complete.




2nd version


Same details as before but I added clear sequins this time.













 Please remember to add our cue card below when entering our challenge.
you have until the 25th Feb to add a card.

 

10 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I adore Chinese lanterns and you stamped these beautifully!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Love Chinese Lanterns, they look so fragile and so beautiful.
I love both versions, your first card has all my most favorite colors for Autumn, your second one is more like Spring, green and fresh.
Beautifully done, my friend.
XO
Maria.

cotnob said...

Beautiful cards Viv, they are both fabulous but I think my favourite is the one with the bolder colours.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Gerrina said...

I just love ths stamp! It such a fun one to play with... A bit favorite for the first...'cause here in the gardens they are all orange-green... Enjoy the weekend and make it a good one MF!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! you can't do wrong Viv, both are just wonderful, although I think the colour of the top one draws me more. Fabulous stamp and I love the sentiment.
Faith

Bobby said...

Chinese lanterns are such a show-y plant, Viv, and you've colored them beautifully, although I prefer the first one with more orange. Those PB stamps can be a bear if you don't have the right markers to color directly onto the stamp.

Rosemary said...

both cards are so beautiful, viv!

Karen Dunbrook said...

love these mf...so well done!
xx Karen

TaeEun said...

Beautiful image and sentiment combination, Vivien! I love the vibrant one more! But the second card with more green and clear sequins is beautiful as well ;) !

Dawn Frost said...

OMG what a gorgeous card and that sentiment is amazing!

Pinterest button

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...