Tuesday 15 May 2018

The Flower Challenge #20 Reminder

Hi there, I am back with a reminder card for 'The Flower Challenge'. This month our theme is 'Acetate/Vellum' as well as using flowers of course as always.

Also please check our rules and see new bits added on our blog. A few people are not following them and we are trying to make them clearer. Such a shame for people to miss out on winning because of not reading our rules properly. Please ask if in doubt too ;)

Anyway back to my card, I went for 'faux letterpress' look this time, more details below. Enjoy your week whatever you have planned. We are away for a few days in the Lake District soon, can't wait....and I have a scan appointment booked at last too, hope it reveals what's wrong with me!



White Linen card 
Watercolour card
Hero Arts stamps (flowers and sentiment) 
Inspire Me vellum
TH Distress inks
Clear ink for embossing 
Wow silver Embossing powder
Sizzix Stampin Up E/F (Elegant Lines)
Copics & Promarkers
Sequins from stash



I  first used my distress inks and inked up one half of my embossing folder , then I embossed my card panel using my Happy Cuts machine. This gives it a 'faux letterpress' look.
Then I stamped my flowers on a spare piece of card and coloured them in. I  fussy cut my flowers, I attached my card panel to my A6 tent fold card. I stamped and embossed my sentiment on a strip of vellum, tearing the edges for a softer look.

I attached my flowers, raising some up with 3d pads and added a sprinkling of sequins and my card was complete.


 
Please add our cue card below when entering our challenge,
 you have until the 25th May ;)
 

9 comments:

Ericka Strange said...

Gorgeous card Viv and I love the soft background with these beautiful flowers!

sandy's crafty bits said...

Hi Viv … super flowery happy card … love how you have used the vellum for the sentiment … hope you have a super break in the lake district … dear hubby is waiting for a scan too the wait is a pain isn't it … good luck with that … happy crafting and love sandy xx

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Viv, such a pretty background and lovely flowers.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Aileen said...

Beautiful, love your colour choices and the faux panel, coloured with distress inks. Perfect

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Absolutely gorgeous card. I hope your vacation and testing goes very well!

Mac Mable said...

Absolutely beautiful and loving all the colours and the wonderful technique x Hope the scan goes well?

TaeEun said...

What a beautiful card! Love the faux letterpress look of your background! And awesome fussy cutting! Hope you had a wonderful vacation!

Bobby said...

I love the way you did the background, Viv. The swirls and the arrangement of the lovely flowers gives movement to the card like wind blowing them around. I can't believe you fussy cut them all. It's one of my least favorite things to do.

Bonnie said...

Love this bright bouquet, Viv! The colored and embossed background is gorgeous! A technique I've yet to master!

Pinterest button

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...