Saturday 21 April 2018

Butterfly card

Hi there friends, bit late with my 'Less is More' card this time, more about that later. Anyway here it is, they want us to 'Bring something back'. I used this very yellowing stamp set I bought years ago now.

I am ashamed to say I think I only used it once. I stamped it and watercoloured it and then covered it in pearls. I quite like these shades of pearls too, found in my stash from goodness knows where. I added a quick watercolour wash under my butterfly after cutting it out. I was going to add a sentiment too... then I thought...no...less is more after all ;)
 
My lovely FC teamie Cara is guesting over at 'LIM' this time too, do check out her gorgeous card!
 
A very big welcome to my latest follower too Mia, welcome aboard and thanks for choosing me to follow. xx

Ok come and have a peek at my card! .......so sorry I am late leaving you all comments again but I have been unwell yet again. I fear I may have gallbladder trouble, waiting for a scan now. At least I have lost a stone already as I can eat very little atm. so swings and roundabouts eh!

Of course enjoy your weekend/week whatever you have planned ;)


LIM, CAS




White Linen card
Woodware Bubble butterflies stamp
TH Distress ink
Versafine Onyx Black ink
Pearls from stash



















 

13 comments:

sandy's crafty bits said...

wow beautiful flutterby card Viv ... sorry to hear you are unwell and hope you can get the scan sorted soon ... have a great rest of the weekend and thank you for stopping by my blog ... happy crafting and love Sandy xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is amazing, very elegant and beautiful.

Hope your gallbladder gets sorted soon, best thing I did was have it out after collapsing a few times in pain.
Faith
x

Mac Mable said...

Such a unique and beautiful card with ever so pretty colours. Glad you got out this stamp Viv as your card is gorgeous x So sorry to hear you might have gallbladder problems x Thinking of you x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Viv, such a gorgeous butterfly.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Rosemary said...

absolutely gorgeous card, viv!! I do hope that you feel better soon!!

Unknown said...

Love your gorgeous butterfly, those pearls are so pretty :)
Hugs Kaz xx

Gerrina said...

I will be even later if I make it all for LIM; it feels so different that challenge...more like other challenges and I seem to forget it if I'm not abble to make one for it on the first saterday...
I do love the way you made the wings of your butterfly; looks sooo good! Enjoy the weekend!

Viv said...

Big hugs to you my friend. Get well soon.
Lovely card! x

Neets B said...

Sorry to hear you're unwell, Viv. I hope things get sorted and you are on the mend soon. What a lovely CAS way to use pearls, and I adore that colour palette.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

Susan said...

Such a pretty card! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I’m so glad you got the stamp out again because this is a very pretty card! It is worth it to look in our stamp archives!

Darnell said...

Anyone who receives this stunning card will wear it, Vee! It's so pretty and looks like jewelry! I'm so sorry to hear you are feeling ill again and losing weight so fast. I hope you get your scan soon, they can find the source quickly, and FIX it pronto!! Love, Dee

Aileen said...

Oooh so pretty, why did this style ever go out, I love butterflies and gems, its so perfect. Again perfect colours.

Pinterest button

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...