Saturday 12 November 2016

Books/Literature card

Hi friends, hope your Saturday is going well so far!
Very wet and grey here today, so I am in my craft
 room doing 'stuff' ;)


Over at 'Less is More' it's 'One layer card' week,
oh my...still worries me a tad! and with the
 theme of......
 
 
Books/Literature


I was pleased to remember I had some old book
stamps a kind friend once sent me yonks ago.
 Happy days!

I stamped and coloured very lightly so not
to take away too much from the lovely sentiment.
That also came with the stamp set and I just love
 it!


Anyhoo come and take a quick look and see what 
you think. I was tempted to add something  else,
but left it as it is....less is more after all ;)
 
Sorry I am late commenting this week,but I am
 on it now!


Enjoy your weekend whatever you have planned !



ps. I have made almost all of my Xmas cards now,
just a few special ones to finish yet. All inserts done
and written in, just got to address them now.....and
relax ;)





Books,Literature, LIM, CAS

Smooth White card
Serendipity stamps
Versafine Onyx Black ink
Versafine Vintage Sepia ink
Promarkers


The little squiggle on the Y says Longfellow as the quote is by him....
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow ;)








15 comments:

Esther said...

I love this Viv, such a fab design having the sentiment over the books so they become a background leaving the focus on that awesome sentiment! (I agree with it 100%!) Lovely soft colouring too. Thanks for playing along at Less is More :)

Viv said...

Wet and grey here too matey! Great text across the books. Lovely! x

Elizabeth said...

Lovely card, Viv. I like both those stamps and your colouring of the books is just perfect. allowing the sentiment to still be clear. Elizabeth xx

Dawn Phillips said...

So Lovely xx

Kathyk said...

Delightful card and the pastel colours do not detract from the sentiment either - perfect

Kathyk

Kim Heggins said...

Simply wonderful card Viv...love those colorful and inviting books, so beautiful paired with that fabulous sentiment. I love the gray and wet days, wish we had more of those here!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Superb! That was a happy day remembering that stamp set Viv. The beautiful pastel colours are the perfect backdrop for that amazing sentiment. Absolutely love everything about this card. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

You've got the perfect stamp set there Viv and you've worked it brilliantly for our book challenge. Gorgeous colouring and a wonderful sentiment too. Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More this week. Sarah x

Gerrina said...

What a beautiful quot! And all those bools; great image and colours! (Feel like take a book and a gup of tea and spent the afternoon reading on the coach...) Enjoy the rest of your sunday!

Esther Asbury said...

I saw your link on Less is More and wanted to stop by your blog and say I love your card!

Ankie vd Polder said...

Great card! Have a nice day, Ankie

Christine L said...

This is perfect for that theme Viv.. you're the master (mistress?) of LIM! And you're sooooooo organised too!

Christine x

Christine L said...

PS... Queen of LIM sounds better!!

x

Sarah G said...

A beautiful CAS design and lovely sentiment, Viv - it brought a touch of calm to a hectic day! Love the book images....I have to get a stamp with books on. Thank you for playing along with us at Less is More :)

Mary Dew Lee said...

Love your book card! This was one of our very first stamp designs - so good to see it used!

Pinterest button

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...