Saturday 13 February 2016

Faith Hope and Mad Love

Good afternoon friends, I hope you are all
having a lovely day!  Over at 'Less is More'
the challenge this week is to make a
'one layer' card and the theme is.....
 
 
'Include a Stem'
 
 
This is what I came up with, been dying to
use this new stamp for ages. Oh the shame!
 
 
Yes it has been sitting on my desk for a
 while now, with others just looking at me.
 I pick it up, look at it, then put it down again. 
Sound familiar lol !
 
 
Anyway I decided I just MUST use it today.
So here is my card ;) I tried a few 'stampings'
which didn't look right at all......answered
a telephone call from DD.... almost burnt
 the lunch too as I had lost track by now!!!


My wrist is swollen and I am having to wear
 a support atm. Not easy typing or card making
 grrr!
Anyway I tried again and decided
 watercolouring was the way to go. Happy
 days! I used pink and purple shades on the
 flower....hard to see now though!


A quick sentiment.....well it turns out NOT 
that quick as I tried several inks and
 sentiments until I was happy....and relax ;)


ps. It's our Anniversary today btw., 45 yrs.
so it's a 'Sapphire' one too. My engagement
 ring is a sapphire (& diamonds). I already
have matching earrings and a necklace.
 

But by chance I saw this beautiful sparkly
very fitted lace 'sapphire' coloured dress.
My lovely OH bought me it...and a coat
( not matching just a fab beige raincoat I
also fell in love with.)
 
 
 A whole lot of other stuff that day too, I am
so spoiled! Lots of craft 'stuff ' fell in my
 basket recently.....well you know how 
THAT happens I am sure !



Not been very well recently so we are going 
away later in the year to celebrate properly.
We still have a spa day from our children to
take also sometime. I am so blessed ;)



Right enough 'waffling' come and have a peek
 at my card ! do enjoy your weekend whatever
you have planned ;)




Purple, Iris, Penny Black,LIM, CAS








Supplies

White Watercolour card
Penny Black Pure Iris stamp
Mama Elephant sentiment
TH Distress inks
Versafine Onyx Black ink



Challenges

'Less is More'    One layer card and 'Include a Stem'
Addicted to CAS  'Bloom'
Fantasy Stamping challenge  'Just one layer'
Sweet Stampin   'Clean & Simple'
CASology    'Valentine' 






33 comments:

Elaine said...

Well worth all the effort you went to - it's a gorgeous watercolour card!

Marianne said...

such a stunnig card Viv. Congratulations on your 45th anniversary.

Ankie vd Polder said...

Lovely card. Great colors. Happy anniversary to you and I hope your wrist will get better soon. Have a nice weekend, Ankie

Maria Valente said...

Oh, this is stunning! I love the colours!
Hugs

Kathyk said...

Beautiful make, FABULOUS colour and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you both

Kathyk

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Now, that, Viv, is just stunning!! LOVE it! Many, Many congratulations on your milestone anniversary to you and your DH my friend! Have a lovely Valentine tomorrow! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Stamping Bubbles said...

Gorgeous card, love the sentiment. Thank you for joining our one layer challenge at Fantasy Stampers.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

Tiya-B said...

The water color is fantastic, love the blurryness

Esther said...

This is gorgeous! The watercolour is super effective. Great LIM entry. Happy anniversary and I hope your wrist recovers soon :)

Chrissie said...

One word..... STUNNING!
Thanks so much Viv
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Fabulous card Viv, I adore it. Happy Anniversary!!!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Karen Dunbrook said...

Happy Anniversary!! Super special day! Super special card...love it mf!
hugs,
Karen

Canonbury creations said...

Absolutely stunning Viv! I love Iris, what a fab stamp. Sounds as if you've been treated royally in spite of not being up to par. I've had a few goes over the weekend at this challenge and they've ended up in the bin! Tomorrow is another day ;o)
Val x

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Wowzers Viv! I am swooning. What a jaw-dropping and eye-popping stunner you've created. Gorgeous colours, image and sentiment. A* brilliance and thanks as always for playing along at Less is More and I see you've linked to ATCAS too. Perfect! Sarah x

Cardsbymaaike said...

very strinking and very beautiful, well done

Gerrina said...

Wow, 45 years! Congratulations! Good to go away when there is more change on better weather I think and for now let all heal...
Love the watercolourcard! It is such a great stamp for that technique...
Wish you a good week my friend!

Rosemary said...

oh my goodness!!! your card is absolutely gorgeous, viv!!

Christine L said...

Well.... all I can say is that your all your practices made for absolute PERFECTION! I really love this one Viv.. and that perfect sentiment with it!

So sorry that you're feeling it at the moment... like you say, it's always the worst month as my knees keep reminding me.. I hope you'll feel better soon!

Big hugs
Christine x

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, love the watercolour effect. Karen x

Barb Ghig said...

So GORGEOUS, Daizy-Mae! Lovely CAS design, and really beautiful watercoloring on this bloom...WOW! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

Melissa said...

Oh, this is gorgeous!!! Beautifully done!
Thanks so much for joining us over at CASology! :)

Bhavana said...

very artistic and beautiful. Thanks for sharing your card at ATCAS!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Oh! this style really shines with you, I LOVE it, the colours are perfect and the sentiment is beautiful.

Congratulations on your 45th Anniversary.

I can see why you almost burned dinner, it's so easy isn't it? LOL.

Anne said...

What a stunning watercolour bloom Viv - I love it!
Hope you're feeling better soon - oh and happy anniversary
Thanks so much for joining us for one layer week
Anne
"Less is More"

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

I'm back with my DT hat on. Gorgeous card CAS card, thank you for playing with Sweet Stampin'. Hope you can join our next challenge too :)

Love and hugs
Maarit

Lou said...

Beautiful card and a super sentiment too! Lou x

Craft-E-Place said...

Fabulous card, stunning watercolour.
Elaine

Rachel said...

Beautiful CAS card, thank you for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

JayBe said...

Wow! Your 'One Layer' card is stunning, Viv - I love the water colour effect on the flower.

Congratulations on your 'Sapphire' wedding anniversary and I do hope your wrist is better soon.

Hugz, jJn (DT) xx

Kim Heggins said...

So beautiful....love your sweet flowers.

Julie B said...

Absolutely gorgeous Viv.
So pleased to see you over at Fantasy Stampers. :)

G Peplow said...

Fabulous!!! Love it and it was soo worth it :D Congrats on your 45th anniversary! Feel better soon and have fun :D xx

I Card Everyone said...

Guess WHO had to come have a close-up looky loo at this gorgeous number? Viv ... now I'm serious here... this is EXQUISITE!!!! nOW, I'm dying to know if you ever did celebrate that anniversary? or will you double do it up this February? So happy I had the chance to see this one... xoxo
=]
=]

Pinterest button

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...