Saturday 5 January 2013

Black and white thankyou card

Hi everyone, I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas. I had
a lovely one as you can see in my last post where I am cuddling
 my two young grandsons. It won't be often you see a photo of
 me lol. I cannot believe how old I look now argghhh! Anyway
I wish all my fellow bloggers/followers a very Happy New Year.
..............Esp. all my lovely LIMette friends who have inspired me
all throughout last year, I cannot thank you all enough. Right onto
 my very first card of 2013........it was a  real struggle,details below.
 It's week 101 over at 'Less is More' and it's a colour challenge
this week which is.............
 
BLACK and WHITE 
with a touch or a splash, a hint or suggestion, a dab or a  patch of 
a colour of your choice!
The idea being that the black and white are predominant
 and the added colour is subtle.
 
Card Recipe
Card    Linen white 'Papermill shop'
Black card from stash
Leaf die   Marianne creatables ( I used the negative and placed black card behind it)
Butterfly die   Memory box 'Butterfly delights'
Sentiment   computer generated
Challenges
'Less is More' #101 'Black & white with a touch of colour'
CAS-ual Fridays #CFC84 'Thankyou card'
ps. Sorry for the long post.
 I think I have lost my mojo! Such a hectic Christmas, then
 my OH decided to hit the ground running the day after Boxing day
 and start decorating and sorting a spare bedroom.....with my help of
 course.So much  'stuff ' in there arghhh! I am exhausted , but the room
 is quite empty  now, (several trips to charity shop) . OH is staining
 the wooden floors,we ripped all the carpet  out and the beautiful  wooden
 floor is the last one to be reinstated  now.I  just couldn't get back into
 card making for some reason, but I did  make a start on some
 new jewellery which I am loving now.More pics soon. xx

25 comments:

Kathyk said...

Your card is lovely and the die cut divine

Happy New Year - my OH has the decorating bug too!

Kathyk

Kim S said...

I'm struggling too...perhaps we are all just worn out from the rush of the holidays! But...I have to say that your card doesn't show your struggles...it's perfect with the negative die and the tiny little butterfly.

Jen Nelson said...

love the die cut viv

Thanks for Joining us this week
Jen xx
"Less Is More"

Viv said...

Die cut is fab! Great card Viv. x

Jan said...

This is gorgeous Viv xx Jan

Canonbury creations said...

Such an elegant die Viv, gorgeous card:) Love the new photos of the boys, Alex looks cute in his Santa outfit, Charlie wore one too:) Your Charlie looks cheeky in the photo, must be to do with the name!Thought you'd been a bit quiet, glad you're back. I've got to empty my kitchen next week as the builders will be back to refit it, so we'll be living on "ping" meals I expect:) Looking forward to seeing your new jewellery.
Val x

Anonymous said...

What a stunning card.. love the way you used the die cuts and the little butterfly is a perfect splash!

Sue said...

Your card is stunning Viv, the touch of colour is perfect.
I don't think you look old at all and it's a lovely photo!
Happy New Year!
Hugs Sue

Carole said...

Awesome looking card Viv, and I love the die cut. Big hugs ... Carole xox

Anne said...

How clever to use the negative space, this is so elegant!
Happy New Year
Anne
x

Chrissie said...

This is fab Viv... that die is so elegant and is one of my favourites!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card. Love that die cut leaves. Thanks so much for playing along with us @ CAS-ual Fridays:)

Rosemary said...

so beautiful and elegant, viv... doesn't look like you lost your mojo to me!

Glenda Atkins said...

Your cards is beautiful, I have and love that die cut and it looks so elegant on the card face all by itself. Wonderful!
hugs
Glenda

Scrapmate said...

Love the idea of using the negative, adds more dimension. A fab CAS card.

Christine L said...

This is such a fabulously elegant card Viv... Love it in the B & W! Fab photo in the woods btw... yes, I agree, there is certainly an angel there!! And wonderful pics on your previous post of your gorgeous grandsons!!

HUgs
Christine x

Chrissy C said...

This is gorgeous, just the kind I like xx

Diane said...

One of my favourite dies. Looks brilliant in negative with black behind it. xx

Jane Willis said...

really elegant, using the negative like that is very effective

Sue said...

Lovely card, super diecut! Happy New Year. Sue x

Hillie said...

Great lovely card!! Very elegant too!

Warm regards, Hillie

Kim Dellow said...

Wonderful card. I just love the design. Kim

Vicky Hayes said...

I love that really vibrant pop of colour of the butterfly Viv! Had to smile at your latest project - I'm fine to THINK about overhauling rooms at new year but I take my hat of to the pair of you for actually doing something about it! Vicky x

Jenni's Jems said...

Wow this is stunning ! x

Debby said...

Oh so elegant and great take on the colour splash theme. Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week :)

Pinterest button

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...