Wednesday 26 September 2012

Pink and black keys card

Good afternoon fellow crafters/bloggers/friends . I hope all is well 
in your world today . I have a pink , black and white card to
 show you today. I love that colour combo, I hope you like it too.
Quick tip below!!!
I wanted some bakers twine for this card and don't have any so....
here is quick tip for anyone who doesn't know. I cut a length of white
twine, then I wrapped it around a ruler ( cover it with tape first maybe). 
I used a pink Promarker I  had used on the card image and drew stripes
 along the string horizontally. I dried that with my heat gun then I was
 able to add it to my card....job done !
ps. Thankyou to all who asked, our family party went  very well on  Sunday .
A great time had by all :)...now I am trying  to rest a bit more lol.Poor
 Alex and Charlie both have colds though now....poor babies !
Close-up of bling in flowers, bit blurry as I just couldn't get a good pic today!!
Card Recipe
Image   Clear art Stamps 'Keys to life'
Sentiment  ( from same set as above )
Ink   Momento Tuxedo black
Card   Pink card from stash & Linen white
Embossing folder   Cuttlebug tiny hearts
White twine TH Idea-ology
Flowers made using Spellbinders bitty blossoms
Swirly leaf   Die-namics leafy flourish
Leaves   MS punch
Promarkers
Diamond dust & Glamour dust for sparkle
 ( both used on flowers)
Quickie glue pen
Challenges
Less is More   Week # 86 recipe ( see below)
Take three challenges
Week 1 Colour Pink,black & white
Week 15 Embossing
Week 28 Use ink
In the Pink # 4 Embossing (dry or heat)
Thestampingboutique challenge #52 Embossing
CMC #4 Handmade flowers

19 comments:

Canonbury creations said...

Stunning card Viv, love that colour combo. Beautiful flowers so pretty against the black. Poor babies with their colds, they don't understand not feeling well!
Val x

Sasha said...

Beautiful, Viv! I love your leafy flourish and bitty blossoms...gorgeous card! x

Chrissie said...

That's a really neat tip about the baker's twine Viv.
Glad you had a great party, this is a supr card.
Thanks again
Chrissie

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous.Great design.xxx

Vili M. said...

Lovely card. I really love the colours and all the detailing is wonderful. Thank for joining us at Card Mania Challenges.

Ani said...

Your flowers are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing them with us at Card Mania! Ani

Sue said...

This is gorgeous, I love the colours and your flowers are beautiful

Hugs Sue

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Gorgeous flowers Viv, and what a cool idea for creating bakers' twine (you clever lady)! Thank you for joining in the fun again at ITP - hope to see you next time too!
Hugs, Sylvia xx

Jackie said...

Wonderful card Viv, great colour combo, and a fab tip about making you own twine :o)
Jackie xx

Christine L said...

Fabulous card Viv.... love those flowers and flourish... and it's perfect in pink and black. Your image and embossing are fab too!

Thanks for the tip re the bakers twine... and also for joining in again at In The Pink!

Big hugs
Christine x
ITP

Annette said...

this is stunning x

Glenda Atkins said...

Awesome card, love it!
hugs
glenda

Rosemary said...

gorgeous card, viv... those flowers are soo stunning!!

G Peplow said...

Hi Viv, Smashing card, I love the black leaves and swirl, fabulous contrast on the pink and drop dead gorgeous flowers!!!, What a great tip about the twine effect, clever 'ol thing you TFS :0) Gay x

CraftyGirl said...

Sweet card and I love your flowers. Thank you for playing along this week at The Stamping Boutique. Good luck in the challenge and I hope to see you in the next challenge.

TTFN,

CraftyGirl TSB DT
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

Lawren said...

What a lovely card. Love the flower treatment. Thank you for joining us at The Stamping Boutique.

Lawren

Mandi said...

Fantastic card Viv, they are always so pretty.
The twine heads up is a greta one
Thank you
mandi LIM

Beccy said...

Lovely card Viv, the flowers are just beautiful. Thanks for the tip about the baker's twine... great idea!
Cheers,
Beccy

Anonymous said...

I just love these colors together. Thanks for joining us this week for our embossing challenge at The Stamping Boutique. I hope you will join us for our following challenge. Good Luck~Patti TSB DT

Pinterest button

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...