Thursday 28 June 2012

Daffodils in a teapot card




Here is another DT card made for 'Beccy's Place' again.
Who says daffodils have to be yellow lol ! I am back to
pink again,.... knew my papaya/peach phase wouldn't last.
I used this gorgeous digi image from Beccy called
'Daffodils in a teapot'. It's such a lovely image, it reminds
me of a  country cottage where this jug of daffs would be
sitting on a  pretty wooden shelf in a window.I coloured the
 image using Copics and Promarkers then softly chalked the
 background.I added a strip of card behind which I embossed
 with my roses folder then softly chalked the roses & leaves too. 
Computerized sentiment again softly chalked in pink. I cut the main
 card shape using my Nesties ( Curved Rectangles). My craft room
 is awash with 'stuff ' today. I had to make a card for a
 neighbour yesterday which had to be posted today. I never get
 much notice making cards for her. It had to be special  one ,
 for a 50th Anniversary, for a lovely couple too so I hear.Wow 50 years!!
I think she liked what I came up with though which
 is the main thing.I will post that card another time, enough to say I 
went with simple and classy in the end.Lovely hot weather
 here today, I am boiling, 24 C but very humid too, not that I am
complaining !!!! have a great day everyone.
ps. There is always a ps. these days lol. I am now making another
 DT card/cards for Beccy and this  new set of flowers/sentiments are amazing.
Can't wait to show you my cards. These will be so handy for so
 many occasions too.
 








9 comments:

Viv said...

Ahhhhh pink daffodils.... must get some for the garden!! Lovely card Viv and the nestie shape is fab! x

Doreen said...

Love your card...beautiful image.xxx

Sue said...

WOW! This is so beautiful. I love the delicate shades of pink and the way you have coloured the embossing looks gorgeous
Hugs Sue

Canonbury creations said...

Love the chalked embossed panel Viv, it's gorgeous. Wouldn't pink daffs be wonderful, yours certainly are:) Too hot today, I waited at kwikfit for 45mins while they re gassed my air con, but oh was it worth it!!
Val x

sue said...

very pretty card,love the shape sue xx

Christine L said...

Fabulous image Viv and perfect colouring..... and I love that embossed panel behind it!

Hugs
Christine x

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful, I love the pastel look of it, makes it seem fragile. Love it Viv!

sandy's crafty bits said...

ooo super little card ... and yes I love the pink daffs so delicate ... well done ... just doing a bit of blog hopping ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

Marijke said...

lovely card, like the shape

Pinterest button

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...