Just to let you know I will put a quick tutorial on later today
when I have a minute!Can't wait to make more of these now,
loving them :O) It is just made from a strip of ribbon btw!
Right here is my tutorial,......bear with me as it's my first !
This isn't my tutorial btw., I saw it somewhere else on a blog.
Was surfing on my laptop and didn't make a note which one!!!
I have made a few changes to it also to do it my way here.
1. First cut about 15"( 38 cm)of satin ribbon. Then cut almost through
from side to side,about every 2 cms along the whole length.
Whole length of ribbon
Larger pic of right hand side
Larger pic of left hand side
(Notice I make the cuts closer together as I get to the end. I think
that is better for the smaller petals which will go in the middle of
2. Next trim the corners of each top piece, doesn't have to be exact.
3. Then with a heat gun gently heat the top part of the ribbon 'petals',
it's easier to hold the centre of them with tweezers or something similar.
You can tell when they have 'curled' enough by the shape at the top.
Notice I left the one at far right here( top pic) quite straight at the top........DON'T
lol it looks better curled!!!!! ...ahem wasn't a mistake, just to show
you what not to do :O)
4. When all the 'petals are curled, punch or cut a circle from some spare
card. I used a circle punch and made a 1 1/2 "( 3 1/2 cm) circle. Then cover that with DS tape,
I used tiny glue dots on my first one as I was so eager to get it made.This is when it gets
very sticky!!!!! I also forgot I was using my best ribbon cutting scissors too ( agghhhhhhrrr).
5. Take the DS top layer off to expose the sticky part, then wind the ribbon 'petals'
around the outside of the circle...........gets a bit sticker here...be warned!The tiny bit
I left without DS is handy for holding btw.otherwise you get all stuck up.
6. Keep winding the ribbon round like this and try to
overlap the 'petals' a little so they look more natural.
7. Here is the second layer, I try to place the 'petals'
in between the first layer so they look more natural.
8. Here is the third layer..........almost done now!
9. Last layer in place, I try and twirl the centre with tweezers.
Then I stuck a pearl in the middle, could use flower soft or
stamens. I also trimmed the frayed bits which appear here
and there too. There you are a finished flower !!!!
I decided to experiment with some colour and added a soft pink
to the edges and the middle................I am so full of ideas for these now
lol.....you can tell I am enthusiastic!! Anyway I hope you enjoyed this little tutorial
and it will inspire you to have a go also:O)
Here is the flower again so
you can see what it looks like
on a card.
ps. Chrissie and Mandi .....don't look at the card,
I may want to post it at a later date as a LIM card lol :O)