Wednesday 4 October 2023

The Flower Challenge #85 Anything Goes & 7th Birthday

This month will be my last DT challenge over at 'The Flower Challenge', after seven glorious years...(sighs)! It's a very sad time for me personally as it's almost like my baby :)...BUT as it's also our 7th birthday too  I choose to make it a final fun challenge to finish with ;)

This month our challenge for October is 'Anything Goes' with flowers as the main image of course...easy peasy!

Our fabulous Guest Designer is once again the very talented Emily Midgett! We love having Emily as our GD and she was also here for our birthday last year too. Please see her amazing card on our blog and all the rest of the fabulous cards made by our DT too.

We have a few of our older  (not in years) Guest Designers joining us this month also. A few new team members also, see our blog to check them out!

I thank Aileen for asking me to join the team at the very start,...even though it was just to make a header......and then do the graphics ......and then to run the whole challenge lol ! Thank you Aileen it has indeed been a real blast and I will miss you and all the  girls more than you know. Aileen is of course also leaving the challenge this month too and I wish her all the best for the future!


I will still be making cards etc. just maybe a few different cards and not the usual flower ones all the time..... and maybe also some clay jewellery too, felting ....who knows !...plus some things made by my OH :)

So come and have a peek at my cards and lets make our last challenge a real corker:)

For my main card I just had to use some of my favourite colour PINK again. In fact I found an older card I had made previously and decided I would make a similar one as I liked it so much. Hope you like it too ;)

For my second card I kept it very pastel looking, also experimenting with embossing on a patterned digi printed card. Sorry it's very pale and hard to see here. Then I  added water colour lightly on none water colour  card....very nervously!

I like the subtle look to it I think, the white embossing is brighter in real life also btw.

Sorry for the long post and well done if you stuck with me !... and of course.....enjoy your week whatever you have planned :)



It's our 7th Birthday!!






1st card







Smooth white card
Hero Arts Infinity dies Nesting Postage Stamps
Altenew Beach Towel Stripes stencil
TH Distress inks Picked rasp and Salty ocean
The Ton sentiment stamp and die
TH Sizzix Wildflower Stems #2 dies
N&T clear sequins







Card2



Smooth white card
Pink Petticoat Washed damask digi background in Bluebell colour
Wow embossing powder bright white
Altenew Paint a Flower Tulips stamp
Altenew water colours
Silver sequins





Please add our cue card when entering our challenge,
you have until the 25th October to enter.





7 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Hello, Viv! I sure do hope you continue to make cards - such talents should not be wasted, my friend!
Thank you for all the leadership you have given to the team and for picking up the reins when Aileen needed you most.
It's a celebration today, so I won't be sad, I won't be sad, I won't be sad... love both of your lovely cards! Especially these darling stripes!
Take good care, Viv - and stay crafty, please! xx
=]

Loll said...

All the best to you Viv! You will be missed at The Flower Challenge. Two amazing cards to say goodbye. Take care. xx

Aileen said...

Wow Viv I love both of these. That second card looks amazing and U can't believe you watercoloured on it. Absolutely perfect. Will miss you petal, more than I can ever say.
We did it, seven years and what an amazing legacy we leave to Karren xx Aileen

Cindy Beach said...

What marvelous cards, Viv! I love the pink especially, the striped look is so pretty. I understand how you're looking forward to new ventures with your crafting. I can't wait to come by again as you make more beautiful things!

Vicky Hayes said...

You will be very much missed at the Flower Challenge Viv but I'm so pleased to hear you'll still be frolicking about in Blogland! I love your bright striped background with the fab white silhouettes but it's that delicate bouquet in those stunning peaceful colours that has really captured my heart! Sending hugs, Vicky x

Stef Perry said...

Both of you cards are so beautiful, Viv, but I especially love the first one because I love pink too! And the striped background!

It has been such a pleasure being part of TFC DT and I will be forever grateful that you asked me to joing. I am going to miss both you and Aileen, but I am happy to read you'll still be creating. I hope you have oodles of fun dipping into new crafty adventures, and maybe playing along with us once in a while...

Big hugs,

Stef xoxo

Bobby said...

Two different techniques but equally beautiful cards, Viv. I will miss seeing your wonderful creations and I wish you all the best in wherever life takes you. I hope it brings you to our gallery once in a while.

Pinterest button

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...