Saturday 5 November 2011

LIM challenge week 40

It's week 40 over at 'Less is More'
& the challenge this week is a colour
one  Red & Orange
My mind was quite blank as usual,
( no comments please !) , but then
I came up with this idea.
I used distress inks to make a
splattered background.
Then I stamped a flower randomly
(and used water colour pencil & water
to add some orange to the petals. I
added a few dots and some gems I
coloured with Promarkers & Copics
to match. I die cut the butterfly ( after
first splattering the card again).
I added some more pencil to make detail
on the wings .I liked the effect of the
 pencil & water as I layered  more pencil
over wet area again.I edged the butterfly with
more red Promarker & added more coloured
gems to complete it.Phew wish I could make
the descriptions shorter!Hope it's red enough
I did stamp the flower in red & edge the
flutterby in red too.....background looks
rather pinkish in this pic though....darn!
ps. Computer still playing up ( keeps freezing
now too)  so my comments may be sparse this
week I'm afraid...sorry! hope to get more RAM
soon, fingers crossed that helps.

recipe
White linen card
TH distress ink ( worn lipstick)
Anita's flower and HB sentiment( left the sentiment off)
Promarker ( bright orange)
Copic ( crimson)
West watercolour pencils
Spellbinders shapeabilities butterfly







26 comments:

Jan said...

Gorgeous card xx Jan

Loli said...

Hola Viv, very bright and vibrant card and to much work, i think:D, but the end result is fantastic, well done Viv.
A hug from Palma

Sasha said...

Gorgeous vibrant colours, Viv. A super card for the challenge:)

Vicky Hayes said...

What a beauty Viv! I love the flowers in these vivid colours and the background is great. Love your son's comments too - aren't they a hoot?! Vx

Michelle Short said...

This is really pretty, I love the butterfly and that lovely background you have created xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Wish my mind was as blank as yours lol, this is gorgeous

Anne said...

What beautiful colours, it does look a bit pinkish in the picture, still fab though!
Anne
x

Chrissie said...

This looks fabulous Viv, it's one of the same stamps I used, but with a completely different look. Terrific.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Margaret said...

Gorgeous card Viv - hope you get your computer sorted soon!
Margaret x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!
x

Canonbury creations said...

Beautiful card Viv that stamp is very versatile:)
Val x

sandy's crafty bits said...

wow super little card ... and its pink toooo what more could one ask happy crafting and love sandy xx

Tracey said...

Stunning card, well worth all the effort you put in. Tracey x

Carol said...

Great card Viv, love the stamp you've used. Carol x

Beryl K said...

Gorgeous card
Beryl x

Diane said...

Wow..what a gorgeous card!!!

TAM said...

Beautiful card

Crafty Loops said...

Oh wow Viv, this card is beautiful. You are so creative. I love the techniques youve used. Lee x

Rosemary said...

gorgeous, gorgeous card, viv!! super creative...

Sue said...

Beautiful card Viv. Sue.x

Lynne said...

Gorgeous Viv. You inspired me to make mine, thank you.
Lynne xxx

Carole Campanile said...

Wwo Viv, that was a lot of steps but it shows in how gorgeous it turned out. The background is awesome and the butterfly is beautiful.

Well done!!
Carole

Meadie said...

Gorgeous card - I love how the butterfly adds the perfect finishing touch, hugs x x

Aileen said...

Love the vibrant background. Looks gorgeous with the butterfly. x

Viv said...

Fab card my namesake! Butterfly is a great finishing touch! x

Jackie said...

What a beautiful card :o)
Jackie xx

Pinterest button

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...