Saturday 27 August 2011

Week 30 (take three challenges)

It's week 30 over at 'Less is More' &
this week it's a 'Recipe'  & 'take three
challenges'. So I have chosen week 14
'colour' which was 'white on white', also
week 13 which was'Thankyou or
Congratulations '. My final one is taken
from week 15 which was 'embossing'.
Great idea C&M to use this recipe as
it has so many possibilities using themes
from all the previous weeks challenges. 
I had already decided to make a white
on white card again if it was possible
so was amazed to find C&M had aready
decided on  the same idea for a card too. 
Right back to my card, I made a tent fold
linen card as usual ( well I almost always seem
to make a tent fold card). Then cut a strip
of white card and embossed it with the
swiss dots folder, then 3d'd it to base card. 
I added a strip of sheer white ribbon ( hard
to see here), then cut a tag with my new
nesties (  fancy tags 2), then 3d'd that to
card also.
I punched a few flowers and embossed those
& added tiny pearls, also added a few
punched leaves too.I stamped congratulations
in silver and heat embossed that in silver/white. 
That's when I realised my mistake.....arggghhhhhh!! 
I had stuck the layers to the card on the wrong way,
so it opens sideways and not a tent fold!!!Never mind
just try to imagine it as a tent fold card as I always
think they look nicer! enjoy the bank holiday everyone:O)

 

26 comments:

Mandi said...

White on White is so popular already
this is absolutely gorgeous Viv, beautiful
Thanks so much
Diva LIM Mandi
"Less is More"

Gibmiss said...

Hi Viv
Stunning card ....really pretty ....love it ....
hugs sylvie
xxxxx

G Peplow said...

Fabulous card Viv, love white on white but this is gorgeous, Gay xxx

Kathyk said...

Beautiful card - WoW is so elegant

Kathyk

val090 said...

Gorgeous Viv. If you hadn't said about layering it up side fold I don't think anyone would have noticed. But I must agree with you tent fold for some reason does look better!

Chrissie said...

Viv, this is absolutely gorgeous, I love all the little folderols around the tag... just beautiful!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Anne said...

Wow this is elegant! Very very nice and I have trouble with tent cards, they seem to topple over more often than not!
Anne
x

Margaret said...

Such a beautiful card Viv
Margaret x

GinaA said...

Very nice, fab 3d effect love all the White on White.

Sasha said...

Beautiful card, Viv. I love white on white and your layout and embellishments are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Stunning Viv! xx

Aileen said...

It's very pretty no matter which way it opens. x

Pauline said...

Just beautiful! A gorgeous card.

Suzilou said...

Love your fancy tag die, they had masses of them on Create & Craft today but managed to resist hehe. Very elegant card, white on white is one of my favourites :)

Jackie said...

Oh wow Viv, this is so beautiful :o)
Jackie xx

Sian Ridley said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! :) I really need to get me some nestabilities, there are just too many pretty ones to choose from!

I'm with you on the tent card, that's what I usually do too. It happens to us all though! This card would look wonderful any way round :)

Jenni's Jems said...

Gorgeous, love the placement of it x

Suze Bain said...

Beautiful. Love those little leaves & flowers. xx

Sarn said...

This card is just absolutely gorgeous. Very classy.

Hugs, Sandra View my card HERE!

Sarah said...

Totally gorgeous! So elegant.

Lynne said...

Simply beautiful Viv.
Lynne xxx

Beryl K said...

Stunning card,
Beryl x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is STUNNING, love it all.

Linby said...

Gorgeous, the white on white is stunning.
Linbyx

Anonymous said...

Simply heavenly! Very effective with the white palate.

Ter ;)

Shaz said...

Gorgeous card Viv, i love it. Can i please ask where you got the tiny flower punch from. It's so pretty and i want one. lol xx

Pinterest button

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...